Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
$500 Residential Charger Rebate
As part of Lane Electric’s efforts to promote EV ownership in our service territory, Lane Electric is offering a $500 Electric Vehicle Residential Charger Rebate for our members. Lane Electric wants it to be convenient for our members to charge at home using the cleanest, off peak energy and our $500 rebate can help you do that.
Eligible chargers include any model found on the Home Chargers page. All you need to do is fill out a simple application form and submit photos of your installation and Lane Electric will send you a check in the mail.
- You must be a Lane Electric member to apply.
- Photos of installation required with application form.
• Fill out and submit the application form by email or mail.
Send via email to: email@example.com
Send via mail to:
Lane Electric Cooperative
787 Bailey Hill Rd.
Eugene, OR 97402
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
A federal income tax credit up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of a qualifying EV. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500, based on each vehicle's battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating. Your eligibility for income tax credits depends on your personal tax situation. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for guidance.
The credit begins to phase out for each vehicle manufacturer once they have sold 200,000 eligible electric vehicles in the United States (as counted from January 1, 2010). The IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production volume and will announce the subsequent phase-out schedule on the IRS website.
- Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
- Max tax credit $7,500
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
EV Charging Equipment Federal Tax Credit up to $1,000
Consumers who purchase qualified residential fueling equipment prior to December 31, 2020, may receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,000. Permitting and inspection fees are not included in covered expenses.
NOTE: This incentive originally expired on December 31, 2016, but was retroactively extended through December 31, 2020, by Public Law 116-94.
- Tax credit may be available for installations that took place in 2018 and 2019
- Consult a tax professional to see if your installation qualifies
- Visit IRS website for additional information
Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
The Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program offers a cash rebate for Oregon drivers who purchase or lease electric vehicles. It is not a tax credit. DEQ designed the program to reduce vehicle emissions by encouraging more Oregonians to purchase or lease electric vehicles rather than gas vehicles. The program contains two rebate options:
Standard rebate for the purchase or lease of an eligible new electric vehicle. Electric vehicles can be battery electric vehicles or plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Rebate amounts are:
• $2,500 for a new electric vehicle with a battery capacity of 10 kWh or more
• $1,500 for a new electric vehicle with a battery capacity of less than 10 kWh
• $750 for a new zero-emission electric motorcycle
Charge Ahead Rebate for the purchase or lease of a new or used battery electric vehicle. New or used plug-in hybrid electric vehicles purchased on Sept. 29, 2019 or later also qualify for this rebate. The vehicle must be purchased through a certified vehicle dealer or an original equipment manufacturer, no person-to-person sales are eligible. The rebate amount is $2,500. You must be a low- or moderate-income household to qualify for this rebate
• If you purchase or lease a new, battery electric or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle that qualifies for a Charge Ahead rebate and the vehicle also qualifies for a Standard rebate, you may combine the Charge Ahead rebate with the Standard rebate for up to a total rebate of $4,000 to $5,000.
- Restrictions apply, see program website for details
Eligible applicants may combine Standard rebate with Charge Ahead rebate