Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
$3,500 Rebate on NISSAN LEAF - Limited time offer
Cooperative members can receive a $3,500 special rebate on the 40 kWh model NISSAN LEAF or $2,500 rebate is available on the 226 mile range, 62 kWh, ePlus model.
Simply print the flyer at the link below and bring your electric bill to your local NISSAN Dealer and you can become eligible to use the special Fleet Certification Code to obtain your special rebate. Please see eligibility requirements at link below for more details.
This offer expires December 31, 2019
- Can be combined with Federal Tax Credit
- May be combined with some state-level incentives where available
- Restrictions apply
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Incentive up to $7,500
The federal government is offering a $7,500 tax credit for qualifying electric vehicles. The credit is $2,500 plus $417 for each kilowatt-hour of battery capacity in excess of 5-kilowatt hours.
- Plug-in Battery Electric Vehicles cost about 2 to 3 cents per mile to operate
- Gas/Diesel Vehicles cost around 15 cents per mile
- Electric Vehicles are generally better for the environment, especially where electricity is produced with hydroelectric (rather than coal).
Oregon State EV Rebates
Oregon is offering an electric vehicle rebate of $2,500 for vehicles with a battery capacity of 10 kWh or more and $1,500 for vehicles with a battery capacity of less than 10 kWh. Rebate is limited to the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid vehicle with a base MSRP of $50,000 or less.
Additionally, Oregon has created the “Charge Ahead” fund that offers additional rebates of up to $2,500 for low- and moderate-income drivers who scrap a car that is at least 20 years old and replace it with a new or used electric vehicle. These “Charge Ahead” rebates can be combined with the standard rebates to offer up to $5,000 towards the price of a new electric vehicle.
- $2,500 State rebate for purchase of select electric vehicles
- $2,500 additional rebate available for low to moderate income drivers who scrap 20+ year old fossil fuel-powered vehicle
- Rebate limited to new electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid vehicle with base MSRP of $50,000 or less.